Objectives of the Caribbean Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (CAROSAI) include the following:
- Promote the exchange of ideas and experience in the field of government auditing;
- Provide opportunities for training and continuing education;
- Promote the importance of the internal audit function within the public sector;
- Provide technical assistance and exchange of expertise among members;
- Raise the level of audit consciousness in the Caribbean area in order to support the role of the institutions performing their duties; and
- Promote the application of comprehensive auditing.
CAROSAI has established a Regional Institutional Strengthening Committee (RISC), which is charged with providing effective and sustainable training and other capacity-building activities to regional SAIs.
CAROSAI was founded in 1988.