6 March 2017
IMF Headquarters, Washington DC
Organised by: International Monetary Fund, World Bank Group, International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
Supported by: CIPFA and Public Finance International
In March 2017, a range of senior global stakeholders came together at a special seminar to discuss how accrual-based information can be used to help strengthen public financial management around the world.
Featured topics included:
• The OECD report on accrual accounting and budgeting in the public sector;
• Use of balance sheet to manage fiscal risks;
• Accrual accounting and government finance statistics;
• Capital markets – increasing use of government financial reports; and
• Taking a whole system approach to PFM reforms
Ian Carruthers, chair of IPSASB
Ed Olowo-Okere, director, governance, World Bank
Fergus McCormick, chief economist, co-head of sovereign ratings, Global Sovereign Ratings, DBRS Inc.
Juan Pablo Guerrero, network director of the Global Initiative for Fiscal Transparency
Gabriel Quiros, deputy director of the statistics department, IMF
Fayezul Choudhury, IFAC CEO
Rob Whiteman, chief executive, CIPFA
PF International produced a series of short video interviews with a selection of key participants, which can be viewed HERE.